Friday, April 16, 2010

Peer Response to Austin's Celebrity Endorsement

For this weeks response I read Austin’s blog regarding Tiger’s Gatorade endorsement. I actually remember when his own line of Gatorade came out and I was rather appealed. To me though, the flavors were a little bit off and after the first few tries I stuck to my usual consumption of the regular yellow Gatorade. Still, I saw countless amounts of my friends drinking Gatorade Tiger or whatever it was called. This was a great relationship as it made both Tiger money and resulted in many Gatorade with Tigers name on it.

tiger-gatorade3.jpg

Austin did a good job explaining the endorsement deal and also clarifying how his deal was now dropped in light of his sex scandal and marital affairs. I find it funny how Gatorade was willing to throw so much money into an investment with Tiger and how when one thing goes wrong they quickly drop him. Also, it is interesting how Nike stuck by his side, as they had no real other choice as there entire golfing line is based off of Tiger Woods.

After reading Austin’s blog and addressing the situation, it is quite clear that celebrity endorsements are all about image; ands when that image falls so does your endorsement.

No comments:

Post a Comment